DID YOU KNOW?
Since 1999, Komen Ozark has awarded $11 MILLION to community organizations to provide breast health services to women in the Affiliate Service area with nearly $2 MILLION provided to women living in the River Valley.
· Last year, through Komen Ozark funding 31 breast cancers were detected. Of the 31, one women in the River Valley was diagnosed with breast cancer.
· Mercy Fort Smith and Donald W. Reynolds receive grant funding in the River Valley for 2018. ($77,000)
· In 2017, 75 screening or diagnostic mammograms were provided to women in the River Valley along with 12 diagnostic procedures.
· 19 women were assisted with transportation (gas cards) last year in the River Valley
· 80 women were helped with wigs, post mastectomy camisoles or lymphedema supplies
· One in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime
· Breast cancer is the leading cause of cancer death among women ages 20 to 39 in the U.S.
· In the U.S., one case of breast cancer is diagnosed every 2 minutes
This year, I registered for the Paint the Park Pink because I
want to make an impact in the fight against breast cancer. Please
consider making a tax-deductible donation today in support of my fundraising efforts.
You can donate online with your credit card by clicking the button above my fundraising thermometer.
Your support helps us get one step closer to a world without breast
cancer. 75 percent of the money raised through the Race stays in the community to fund local breast cancer education, screening and treatment programs. The remaining 25 percent supports groundbreaking breast cancer research.
Together, we are fueling the best science, boldest community and
biggest impact in the fight against breast cancer. And we will not stop until this disease is gone forever. That’s our promise. Will you please join me in this fight by making a donation today?